| || |
| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: Access Denied to My Documents folder
To find the dynamic-link library (DLL) file on which the caller has insufficient permissions, you can trace all access to all files with the Filemon tool.
- Start Filemon. The tool immediately scrolls and sends a lot of information about which process is accessing which file. It also displays the results of those interactions.
- Reproduce the error, and click the magnifying glass on the toolbar to tell Filemon to stop logging.
- Save the results to a log file.
- In Microsoft Excel, open the log as a text file. In the wizard about how to convert the text file into a spreadsheet, click Finish.
- In Excel, on the Data menu, click Filter, and then click AutoFilter to filter the results.
- On the Results column, click Permission Denied.