Thread: AMi flash BIOS Update Unsupported

AMi flash BIOS Update Unsupported

I'm having Vista 64 Bit OS.recently purchased the Gateway FX 6800-01e Core i7 920 with X58 Chipset, an official Gateway (AMI)BIOS Update for the unit that makes Intel Turbo Boost on Motherboard. unfortunately i did not find "read me" file or documentation on the Website to update the BIOS etc. there is also another file named "flash" and UCORE.SYS, UCORE.VXD, UCOREW64.SYS. I unaware what the proper flash configuration should be for the Gateway AMI BIOS or the other Gateway Flash utility. any body please let me know what the exact order of operations is to Flash the Motherboard / CMOS.

any help greatly recevied...

Re: AMi flash BIOS Update Unsupported

Me entered to BIOS Advanced Chipset Features and noticed that "Intel EIST" was disabled. and am really perplexed that this turbo boost is from Intel
    obviously the gateway is a trouble maker.fed up this since the remedy really works to the CMOS Checksum Error

Once you flashed the AMI BIOS i doubts that you have done with the other "Flash" utility which is just a icon which I assume is unleashed by Gateway have tried to flash that too? then what went primarily I haven't looked the Gateway Flash because of getting the "Bad Check Sum Error". I just do not need to introduce a havoc on my computer. but you can't configure anywhere in the CMOS from what I can see to power down 3 of the CPU's to "overclock" the remaining CPU from there.

I guess this kind of issues just like a major we can't sort it out easily contact them directly and wait till you get the response from Gateway.in between where did you get the Processor Identification Utility? me just used my Intel Processor Identification Utiliy and in the CPU speed section it displays everything