Thread: VNC client is very slow with Vista

VNC client is very slow with Vista

I have installed VNC on my Vista but i found it very slow on my computer. Is it really slow with all Vista ? I tried it on some XP syatems and it works fine. If its really slow than is there any way to speed up VNC ? Please help.

Dr. V Guest

Re: VNC client is very slow with Vista

If your using VNC in a LAN environment this will help but if your using it over the internet this will not help. but fortunately there is an way to speed up VNC by Limiting Visual Effects on Vista. To do so, just right click on My Computer and select Properties.Now go to Advanced System Settings under Tasks. Here under Advanced Tab, click settings. Now in the Performance option Dialog box, under Visual Effects Tab, click the box for 'Adjust for best performance'. And then Click Ok.

I have tried this with my Vista computer having VNC client and it worked. You also go with it and let me know the result.

If you are using Remote Desktop,TightVNC, UltraVNC, RAdmin, RealVNC, or Remote PCAnywere than try Remote Control 3.0. It has been a strong and fast remote control solution for Windows.It natively supports VNC.It offers an unprecedented level of control. You can use multiple levels of access that are provided to the password based. Remember me only when using VNC you don 't have the luxury of our 256-bit AES encryption - but hey, if you need it, there is the option. Unlike most servers support VNC, RealVNC, we have no open source code base for our server environment. It is written from scratch with the best service the needs of IT managers.

In Windows Vista, Session 0 is now reserved for these services, and all interactive logins are done in other sessions, causing VNC server unable to incoming request from the remote connection to approve. If VNC server on the work of Windows Vista to make good, the alternating action resolution VNC server to users in operation.