Thread: How to make one folder point to another folder in Windows Xp

How to make one folder point to another folder in Windows Xp

I have installed Windows Xp on my pc as my operating system. I would like to make one folder point to another folder, so that i can create and use compressed ("zipped") folders on my system. I tried out all the possible way that i knew but couldn't succeed. So, can any body tell how to make one folder point to another folder in Windows Xp? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to make one folder point to another folder in Windows Xp

If you want you can easily create New folders anywhere on your pc. For that you need to right click anywhere on an open area of the desktop. Then you need to select New and then click on Folder. A new folder with the default name New Folder will be created on your desktop.

If you want to create a compressed folder within another folder, go to method 1. If you want to create a compressed folder on your desktop, go to method 2.

Method 1: Use My Computer to create the compressed folder
    Follow these steps to use My Computer to create a compressed folder:

1. On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then open the folder in which you want to create the compressed folder. For example, if you want to make a compressed folder in the root folder of drive C, double-click My Computer, and then double-click drive C to open the root folder.

Note If you do not see a My Computer icon on your desktop, click Start, and then click My Computer.
    2. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    3. Type a name for the new compressed folder, and then press ENTER. Your new compressed folder is displayed as a folder icon with a zipper. Depending on which folder options that you have set, a .zip file name extension may also appear.

Method 2: Create the compressed folder on the desktop or in a folder

1. Right-click a blank area on the desktop or in an open folder, point to New, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    2. Type a name for the new compressed folder, and then press ENTER. Your new compressed folder is displayed as a folder icon with a zipper. Depending on your preferences, a .zip file name extension may also appear.

You can also try out the following one on your pc. For that you need to go to the Menu bar, then need to select File, then need to click on New and then choose Folder and the folder will be created on the right hand pane. The new folder will always be created as a subfolder of whatever location you have selected on your pc.