Thread: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (code 24)

This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (code 24)

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that whenever i try to work on my system, it gives out an error message stating that this device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (code 24) Can any body tell me that what's wrong with my system? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution in order to resolve the above issue.

Re: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (code 24)

Drivers are literally the bits of software that interface or drive the hardware. The problem could be bad hardware, or a new driver might be needed. Devices stay in this state if they have been prepared for removal. After you remove the device, this error disappears. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

Re: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (code 24)

Drivers are literally the bits of software that interface or drive the hardware. You can use Device Manager to change the way your hardware is configured, and to change the way your hardware interacts with your computer's microprocessor. To configure Device Manager, you need to follow the below steps.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type: cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
    2. Type: set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1, and then press ENTER.
    3. Type: start devmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER.

In order to troubleshoot, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) Make sure that Device Manager is open, and that the device that has the problem is selected. You can perform some recommended resolutions through Device Manager.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Select the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
    3. Double-click the device type that has the problem. For example, if you have problems with your modem, double-click Modems to see the devices in that category.

A list of devices appears. If a device has problems, the device has a red exclamation point next to it. If a device is unknown (usually because of missing drivers), the device has a yellow question mark next to it.
    4. Right-click the device that has the problem, and then click Properties. This opens the device Properties dialog box. You can see the error code in the Device status area of this dialog box.

2) Use the Troubleshooting Wizard, if it is available, to help you diagnose and resolve your problem.

1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
    2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
    3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
    4. Check the Device status area of the device Properties dialog box to see whether the error is resolved.