Thread: How do i start my user account on windows xp

How do i start my user account on windows xp

Hi

In my home pc there are 2 user account one user account my brother uses and 2nd is for all. I am having some colleges files and some video in my folder. I want to create my user account on windows xp. Can some one help me ?

Re: How do i start my user account on windows xp

Do you have more than one person using your home computer? If you do, you can create user accounts for everyone in your home so you can set up Windows XP with unique favorites, colors, wallpaper, and private files. You can even create a guest account for visitors to use.

• Log on to your computer as an administrator. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Under Pick a category, click User Accounts.
    • Under Pick a task, click Create a new account.
    • In the User Accounts wizard, on the Name the new account page, type the name for the user. You can use the person's full name, first name, or a nickname. Then click Next.
    • The User Accounts wizard displays the Pick an account type page. Click Limited, and then click Create Account.

Re: How do i start my user account on windows xp

Create and configure user accounts in Windows XP

You can create separate accounts for each person that will be using the computer. This allows each user to have their own document folders and settings such as the wallpaper, Start menu, visual style, and so forth. You can create and configure user accounts with the User Accounts tool in Control Panel.

To open the User Accounts tool, open Control Panel from the Start menu, and then double click User Accounts.

Create a New User Account

• Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
    • Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.

To Make Changes to an Account
    • Click Change an account in the Pick a task list box.
    • Click the account that you want to change.

Select the item that you would like to change:

• Click Change the name to change the name that appears on the Welcome screen for the account.
    • Click Change the picture to change the picture that is used to represent the user account. You can use any image file on the computer for the user's picture.
    • Click Change the account type to change the account type to increase or decrease the user's rights on the computer.
    • Click Create/change the password to create or change the password for the user and create or change the password hint.
    • Click Delete the account to delete the user account from the computer. When you delete the account, you are given the option to save the user's files on the computer.