Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to enable active desktop registry

Operating Systems

Old 01-07-2009

How to enable active desktop registry

I want to enable active desktop registry. yesterday i took a look in the registry and two registry are missing. Can anyone know how to active desktop registry ?
My operating system is Windows XP3

Thanks

Old 01-07-2009

Re: How to enable active desktop registry

Enable the Active Desktop
  1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
  2. To enable the Active Desktop, click the Web tab, click the "View my Active Desktop as a web page" check box to select it, and then click OK.
  3. To disable the Active Desktop, click the Web tab, click the "View my Active Desktop as a web page" check box to clear it, and then click OK.
Old 01-07-2009

To determine if Active Desktop is being displayed as a Web page, view the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\ {AEB6717E-7E19-11d0-97EE-00C04FD91972}\InProcserver32

If the default value is Shell32.dll, Active Desktop is installed. If the default value is Url.dll, Active Desktop is not installed.
Old 01-07-2009

Double-click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on the View menu. To enable the Active Desktop, click Web Style on the General tab, and then click OK. and To disable the Active Desktop, click Classic Style on the General tab, and then click OK.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,