Thread: Problems with roaming profile

Problems with roaming profile

Hello,

I'm having following error when one of the user tries to log in. Everything was fine untill this morning and suddenly when this user tried to log in this morning he got the following message and didnt get anything in his profile.

"Windows cannot copy file \\<SERVER_NAME>\Profiles\<USER_NAME>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\UK6SP49N\localhost\Documents and Settings\<USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\WindowSWF\custom Easing Tool.swf\customeasingtool.sol to location C:\Documents and Settings\<USER_NAME>.<DOMAIN_NAME>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\UK6SP49N\localhost\Documents and Settings\<USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS3\en\Configuration\WindowSWF\custom Easing Tool.swf\customeasingtool.sol. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The filename or extension is too long."

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thank you,

Re: Problems with roaming profile

Ah, Forgot to mention one thing. I also tried to go at the location and manually delete that file, but when I try to open the folder, it says "Access is denied". I'm member of Administrator but still I cant access that folder neither can I change permission on it to make it accessible for me.

Have you tried to check out your Roaming profile configured whether it is set properly or not on your system? Also check out whether your operating system has its latest service pack installed on it.

This is caused by the VMware shared folders feature (hgfs) which is installed with a "Complete" VMware Tools installation, but not used under ESX.

Disable using a transform:
    • Install Orca
    • Right click on the VMware Tools.msi and select Open with Orca
    • Select Transform | New Transform
    • Click on the Feature table in the left pane
    • On the Hgfs feature set the level from 1 to 0
    • Select Transform | Generate Transform
    • Save the transform as "VMware Tools.mst"

Install VMware Tools with the following command:

msiexec /i "VMware Tools.msi" /qb TRANSFORMS="VMware Tools.mst"

Optionally remove the registry entry for hgfs as per VMware FAQ 1317:

• Access the Windows Registry. Choose Start > Run, then type regedit. The Registry Editor window opens.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order\.
    • Right-click ProviderOrder and choose Modify. In the Edit String Value dialog box, edit the value data string and remove the word hgfs.

For example, if the value data string contains LanmanWorkstation,hgfs then change it to LanmanWorkstation.
    If the value data string contains only hgfs, then erase it and leave the value data string empty.
    • Click OK.
    • Close the registry editor. Choose File > Exit.
    • Reboot the virtual machine.

Source : theether