Thread: Format of ASC files

Format of ASC files

I received ASC files in my mail, but i don't know how to use them. That ASC file includes data in column and row form, but my computer with windows xp system won't allow me to open that file. Does anyone how to open ASC file or give me some information about ASC file.

Re: Format of ASC files

ASC files are assumed not to contain column names.Text file containing geometric shapes and points information; exported by various Autodesk programs; saves data in a text format. ASC files contain Server-Side ActionScript, which is used to develop efficient and flexible client-server Macromedia Flash Communication Server MX applications.

Character strings are not enclosed by delimiters. To open the ASC file use any text editor. The data type of a column in the ASC file is determined by the data type of the target column in the database table. Asc file belong to acsii file format.The ASCII file format is another text format, similar to that used in the RALBIC format, though slightly simpler.

ASCII format data files are plain text files which can be manipulated by many programs, including text editors, and stand-alone plotting routines.For Windows, while double-clicking an "ASC" file does not normally open Notepad, these files can normally be viewed with such a tool. These files can be easily moved between different programs, different operating systems, and different machines.