Thread: Change remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server

Change remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server

What is remote administration mode and application server mode in Windows 2003 Terminal Server? How do i Change remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server? Can anyone help me with this? I'm new to server and server administration. I am still a noob learner. Hope someone helps me.

Re: Change remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server

Terminal Services has two modes of operation: Remote Administration mode and Application Server mode. Remote Administration mode permits two concurrent connections and is designed to permit administrators to remotely manage a server by using a Terminal Services client. This setting minimizes impact on server performance. Application Server mode is designed to provide access to a Windows 2000-based computer desktop and its programs for users connecting with a Terminal Services client. This setting optimizes program response time. This article describes how to change between these two modes of operation.

Re: Change remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server

Thanks a lot for the quick one! That helped me differentiate between the two modes. Can anyone help me with Changing remote administration to application server mode in windows 2003 terminal server? Thanks in advance!

To change the current operating mode of a Windows 2000/2003-based server with Terminal Services enabled:
    • Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    • Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    • On the Windows Components screen, click Next without selecting or deselecting anything in the list of components.
    • In the Terminal Services Setup dialog box, the currently enabled mode is displayed, and you can change this mode. Select the mode you want to change to, click Next, and then restart your computer.

If this doesn't help, see microsoft's help : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252330