Thread: Process Explorer startup problem in Windows 7

Process Explorer startup problem in Windows 7

Recently i had upgraded my sytem from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I always put the ProcessExplorer folder in C:/Program Files and send a shortcut to the desktop which I copy in the Startup folder because I like to have it running all the time in the system tray. Now the problem is that in Windows 7 Process Explorer won't get start and it automatically send an error report to Microsoft even if i start the program manually. In the properties the compatibility is set to Vista and the Run as an Administrator is checked. Can any body tell me that why i'm having process explorer startup problem in Windows 7? Does any body body know about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Process Explorer startup problem in Windows 7

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to open Task Manager by just pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del key or Ctrl+Shift+Esc key. Then you need to click on File and then need to select New task and choose Run and then type in "%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" without quotes. It will open the sysytem restore window for you. Then try to restore your computer to an earlier time, when the computer was not going with this problem.

For your information, Microsoft had removed that from Windows Defender. It might be that a anti-spyware program may causinh you the problem on your system. You might check in the registry at the locations below to see if the startup item is listed there in order to delete it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

I think you should removed the compatibility mode and try to use the "LASR - Logon Application Startup Run" application in order to set it to Startup with Windows. Then if you want you can try to replace Task Manager with Process Explorer through the Options menu, since it doesn’t always work in Windows. If you click on those little graphs, or hit the Ctrl+I key combination, it will bring up the System Information dialog, which gives you even more information.