Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-06-2009

Access Denied to create new folder in Vista

hello friends,

I have Windows Vista installed in my computer system. Recently when I wanted to download music from the internet, I tried to create a new folder to save those music. But it gave me "Access denied" for creating a new folder in my Windows Vista ?

Why ? can anybody plz explain me the reason why its giving me "access denied" to create new folder in Vista
Old 27-06-2009

Re: Access Denied to create new folder in Vista

I would suggest you to take the ownership of the parent directory in your Windows Vista. For example, if you want to create a new folder under the "Music" folder, then take the ownership of the Music folder so that you can perform any action under the parent (i.e. Music) folder.
Old 27-06-2009

Re: Access Denied to create new folder in Vista

There might be some permissions issue. Check the permissions of the destination folder under which you want to create the new folder. If required, edit the settings or options for the permissions.....all the best

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,