Thread: Disable DEP for IE8 Crashes

Disable DEP for IE8 Crashes

Hello, I Have a problem that Internet Explorer crashed on Windows Vista premium 64 bit, this is what I get: "Internet Explorer has stopped working and was closed to protect your computer"
    "Signature of the problem:
    Event name problem: BEX
    Application Name: iexplore.exe " etc

I think Something like DEP is blocking my IE, It seems that Vista has analyzed Internet Explorer as dangerous for the security of my PC. The trouble is that I have Firefox (default),It does have issue with the Vista but internet Explorer 8 Has Issues . can you tell me How to Disable Dep for ie8 Crashes , Thanks in advance

Re: Disable DEP for IE8 Crashes

I too have exactly the same problem with Vista Home Premium 32-bit , Firefox 2.0.0.6 works properly ,About me I wonder if this is not just a security update for internet explorer? well You Can solved Your issue by deleting google toolbar , give it a try

you can right click on mycomputer then from properties/advanced system settings / click in performance parameters then from DEP data option tick the bottom option which allows software to choose not to monitor

In Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista, a new option called "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks" appeared in the Internet Options Control Panel. This is also known as DEP / NX for "Data Execution Prevention / No-Execute". When this option is enabled, it works with your processor to thwart attacks Buffer blocking code execution in the non-executable memory.

In Internet Explorer 8 on Windows Vista SP1 or later, it is activated by default.

Certainly, the protection DEP / NX is not a solution against all memory. vulnerabilities However, when combined with other technologies like Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR), it prevents the exploitation of the most common vulnerabilities related to buffer overrun in Internet Explorer and the add-ons that load the browser . No other user intervention is not necessary to ensure such protection and no message is communicated

In the rare case where a module is not compatible with the protection DEP / NX, for reasons beyond the use of a code ATL obsolete, an option Group Policy is available. A user can disable the protection and DEP / NX for Internet Explorer until the deployment of an update control fails. Local administrators can monitor the protection DEP / NX by running Internet Explorer as administrator and disabling the option Internet Options / Advanced / Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks.