Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-06-2009

Entourage Error Code -17099

Hello ,I have a problem with a entourage every time I want to send a mail with an address of a site http: or even just with www. entourage refuse to send the mail with error code 17099 , I guess there was just something in the preferences that I should looked into but I cannot catch the exact cause of problem ,please help thank you for your help
Old 25-06-2009

Re: Entourage Error Code -17099

error code -17099 (the sign is important) happen prior to the refusal to route the message by the concerned SMTP server

If you could give some details on the version of Entourage, Mac OS, the SMTP server in question, and the ISP through which you connect to the internet, the settings for sending e-mail account and content of the message, it could help them see a little clearer.

Otherwise, all we can say is that this is not usual (I send messages with URLs for years with all versions of Entourage carefree). You can also try to repair permissions, rebuild the database in Entourage, delete preferences, to see if things change.
Old 25-06-2009

Try Doing this
  • Disable your current account in the Send & Receive
  • Recreates an account with your regular login, etc..
  • Make sure that there is no message waiting in the outbox (if necessary, reopen those who find and save them as drafts)
  • Create a new message by highlighting the "new" identity as the account through manufacturing "From:"
  • Send the message
  • Tell us the result ...
Old 25-06-2009

also after creating a new account, Try creating a new identity (menu "Entourage"> "Switch to a new identity ..." and then asked "New"). So you woud be able to start from scratch. Some ISPs block the sending of mail by number to avoid spam.

The -17099 error code corresponds to a refusal to accept message with a large number of recipients. by the server, It is therefore imperative to split it and send by groups of small recipients so that it is acceptable to the server (typically, about 30 to accept). it has Nothing to do with Entourage or Mac, i think You can Split Recipients X Which is an AppleScript that allows you to automatic send small groups of addresses and thus, in principle,will solve your problem (at least the number of recipients).
Old 23-03-2012

Hi, I had all these problems. I could receive mail but could not send.

To solve this problem I simply went into Preferences and chose to send my mail in HTML and all was well after this.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,