Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

mxopswd.sys blue screen

Operating Systems

Old 24-06-2009

mxopswd.sys blue screen

My windows xp based system always shows an error message with BSOD (blue screen of death) and mxopswd.sys when i start my computer. I have tried windows update and reinstalled driver for my printer and Maxtor external hard drive but same problem. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 24-06-2009

Re: mxopswd.sys blue screen

The file mxopswd.sys that is referenced in the error message is to do with a Maxtor external hard drive. It's found in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\maxtorThe.File should be located in up to three locations in your computer.
Old 24-06-2009

The blue screen error with mxopswd.sys is occurred when problem with the driver of Maxtor external hard drive. mxopswd.sys is not a Windows core file.The application can be uninstalled in the Control Panel.
Old 24-06-2009

To solve mxopswd.sys blue screen problem you can use the following method :
Uninstall the software (driver for Maxtor external hard drive) and delete the folder that contains its remnants i think File mxopswd.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. First delete that software before Uninstalling driver and before you reboot.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,