Thread: Error on boot "CPU fan error, Press F1 to continue"

Error on boot "CPU fan error, Press F1 to continue"

Hi, I'm having windows xp and my specs are as follows:

CPu 3.06ghz intel p4
    DDr2 RAM
    80GB HDD
    ASUS P5MX/1333

The problem is on every startup after the asus screen following error comes:
    CPu Fan error
    Press F1 to resume.
    I don't what it does means? please give me some explanation about this. Thanking you.

Re: Error on boot "CPU fan error, Press F1 to continue"

Hello friend,
    it means something is wrong with your CPU fan, i think its not giving the proper cooling or there is some connection problem. Since when you getting this error? if it has come sudden then i think its time to change your cpu fan.But first open the case and check of the connection of fan is proper or not. And also clean the dust from the CPU fan.

I have faced this issue before, its the error because your fan is not working properly for your processor. Its not giving the desire speed of cooling. And your cpu temperature goes high because of this, i had the same issue when the pc used to go off automatically after few hours of continues running, to resolve this issue you need to some setting in BIOS , i don't remember the setttings since my engg did that for me.

Well to resolve the CPU fan error , first you need to go into the bios where you enabled the Qfan, press enter on the part that shows the RPM's for the chassis fan, it should change to ignore, save the settings and exit the bios screen. That should stop the F1 error. Many gets this error because CPU fan doesn't runs fast enough, as many motherboards expect CPU fans to run > 2500 RPM so if the fan is slower than that, then it would generate a fan error. In that case, just disable the fan control option from the BIOS menu.