Thread: windows installer disable

windows installer disable

The Windows installer message keeps popping up and it always ask me if I want to install new hardware component for my sony handycam but when I download the file msicuu2.exe, an installer is already working on it so it cannot be downloaded. Please someone can help me how to disable Windows Installer message for once? Thank you
    ~ - ~

Re: windows installer disable

You can always download and install Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to remove the annoying messages: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    If still no success then try to grab some solutions given in similar type of post:
    Constant message that windows installer is preparing to install
    http://forums.techarena.in/server-de...nt/1138290.htm
    http://forums.techarena.in/security-...sers/89593.htm
    Windows installer keeps popping up in Outlook 2003

Try this method to disable windows installer
    1. Open your registry and find or create the key below.
    2. Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called "DisableMSI" and set it according to the value data below.
    3. Exit your registry; you may need to restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect.

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]
    Value Name: DisableMSI
    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    Value Data: (0 = default, 1 = admin only, 2 = disabled)
    Source: pctools.com

Step 1
    Log into Windows. Click the "Start" button. Select "Run." Type "mmc.exe" and press the enter key. The Console menu will appear. Select "Add/Remove Snap-in" at the top left of the screen. Click the "Add" button in the center of the screen.

Step 2
    Double-Click "Group Policy" in the left pane. Click "Finish." Click "Close." The confirmation window appears. Click "OK" at confirmation window.

Step 3
    Expand the tree in the left side of the pane, "Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Window Installer."

Step 4
    Double click "Disable Windows Installer.Enable window opens." Click "Enabled." Click "Always." The confirmation window appears. Click "OK" at the confirmation window.

Source: ehow.com