Thread: MAC OS X Reboots on MSI P35 NEO2-FR

MAC OS X Reboots on MSI P35 NEO2-FR

I have a MAC deskop pc running on OS X. My mother board is MSI P35 NEO2-FR with 2 Gigs of RAM. Here my pc is restarting continuously. I had just ran a update. I had installed a new memory stick and a gpu recently. There are not any other major change done to the system. What can be the issue behind it. I believe that the gpu may be causing the problem.

Re: MAC OS X Reboots on MSI P35 NEO2-FR

You are right. It is possible that your gpu drivers are conflicting with the OS. Mainly nvidia drivers are common issue which cause restarting. Uninstall the drivers and remove the card and check out. If it is not rebooting then update the latest driver specifically for mac platform. You can get the driver from nvidia website. Also gpu's uses more power to render better graphic. Check your powersupply. If it not adequate as per the requirement then that is the cause.

There are many reason behind rebooting. It can be either a hard ware or software fault. If you see empty blue screen at the time of boot up that means that the MAC font file is corrupted. By fixing the font file the restarting issue will disappear. To fix just drag the font folder from mac os cd rom to the system folder. Try to remove any third party item which autoloads at startup. Go to /Library/StartupItems and /System/Library/StartupItems folders and drag out everything. Now check out.

I thing the ram might causing the problem. If you OS was working fine before and the changes occur after any addition they it is definitely the hard ware. The ram stick may not be compatible with the board. Just remove the memory stick and see. The issue must not appear not. Second thing after an update mac os demands for restart to install them properly. If the update's are not configured then I will again restart. After some amount of restart it will go back to normal.