Thread: How to open .SEA files on Mac

How to open .SEA files on Mac

I'm having a Compaq laptop on which i had installed Mac as my operating system. The problem is that i'm unable to expand a .SEA file on my system. It doesn't get open on my laptop. So, can any body tell me that how can i open .SEA files on my laptop? Can any body provide me the correct solution for doing so? Would be grateful to your if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to open .SEA files on Mac

I think it's a self-extracting archive, which really is an executable file. It may or may not be a Stuffit file at all, it could be a DiskDoubler archive or some other. The self-extracting code may be OS9/Classic, in which case it is out of luck on an Intel. If Stuffit does not recognize and open it, you may have to take the file to an earlier Mac and expand it under OS9.

SEA file is a "Self Extracting Archive" and it is an executable file. When it is run, it extracts the content within itself. It is likely on OS X that the SEA file needs to be executable. Try to run the following command "chmod +x name_of_the file in a Terminal window.

I think you should use StuffIt Deluxe 2009 software on your system . It will help you to open as well as can compressed files. You can also create your own space and time-saving archives. You can use StuffIt Deluxe 2009 in order to manage, protect, backup and secure your data. StuffIt’s advanced compression technology saves space with no loss in information quality.