Thread: setup cannot find c:\windows\command.com

setup cannot find c:\windows\command.com

I am facing a problem since few days but can't findout how to solve it. The problem i am facing is that windows is giving me a error message every now & then at serveral intervals. The error message says "setup cannot find c:\windows\command.com" I tried finding the solution on google but was of no luck Can anyone Help???? Does anyone know how to solve the problem ??? Please Help...!

Re: setup cannot find c:\windows\command.com

Windows Command Interpreter would be giving the error. You need to copy Command.com from the boot CD and paste it to following place C:/Windows folder. Also need to rename the command.com if there in it. Rename it as command.old, before pasting that file.

The above person is telling right but if that won't work then the only solution you left with you is that you require to take the backup of your data from the main drive in which windows is located (default : C:/) & then you require to just remove the current windows & Reinstall the fresh windows in it. I mean you need to format the main drive.

Thanks a lot to both of you for fast reply....

I tried the first solution & as you said it didn't worked now will try your solution but was wondering that there is any other alternative solution for it without formatting the computer.... If possible just reply here....!

Please Help....!