Thread: Control Panel files .cpl won't open

jade Guest

Control Panel files .cpl won't open

I have a problem with my Windows XP computer. I used to run control panel applications/files with commands as they have a .cpl extension. But now since few feeks, these files won't run. When i try to run these files, i get an error saying this :
    Code:
    Windows did not find 'file.cpl' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
    Control Panel files .cpl won't open/run, Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Re: Control Panel files .cpl won't open

This is really a weird problem, and have never seen/heard this before. Well i would have only one suggestion in such case. Try to restore your computer to a previous time, when everything was running fine. Nothing else can i think of this problem at this moment apart from this...

jade Guest

Now when i try to run an .exe file, this also gives me the same error now. I just found an .exe file which i had not seen on my computer before, so i tried to run it and see what it is and after running that file, no other exe file runs... Help!! What is wrong with my computer, this is so frustrating...

In my thinking the file that you ran which triggered all the exe files to stop working was a virus. Well only one thing, format your computer's disk completely, leave no partition unformatted else the virus might come up again. Once the OS is installed, Install the antivirus software and update it completely, then install all the other softwares... Be careful while surfing on the internet, it is full of virus unless you are cautious.