Thread: Boot error syscmndr.sys missing

Boot error syscmndr.sys missing

My windows xp system with 3 partition on 160 gb hard disk gives me error "Boot error : cannot run system commander: missing syscmndr.sys" when i try to boot or choose boot from 0 partition error occur. I have created three partition of 50, 50 and 60 gb. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Boot error syscmndr.sys missing

SYSCMNDR.SYS is related to System Commander. If you have saved by BootSector "partition 0" (usually drive C) will bring out the restore. If not, it must reset the SC and then removed it. Is such that you do not uninstall it properly.

Use Diskedit tool in Norton Utilities. Diskedit have fairly deep knowledge of Operating Systems! And the operation on the sector is quite dangerous for people not experts. You try to reset the system back to Commander 7.0. Windows Then to uninstall it. When you are on Windows you will not need to select more 0 partition.

Look for a file "scin.exe" in the systemcommander folder. Run it and choose "remove".If system commander is some sort of drive overlay software, then you may indeed have to write the drive to zeros to get rid of the prompt, or a least do some modification of your master boot record or boot sector. If nothing helps, start from a dos bootdisk and make fdisk /mbr. But after this you have to restore nt ( bootloader ) with the nt bootdisks.