Thread: what is smax4pnp.exe?

what is smax4pnp.exe?

After installing windows xp my system i have noticed that smax4pnp.exe process always run on my system. When i press CTRL + ALT + DEL smax4pnp.exe runs in task manager as background process. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: what is smax4pnp.exe?

Smax4pnp.exe is a program which could have been installed by you, this will be found in This file will be found on your computer at C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Dr. V Guest

The smax4pnp.exe process puts an icon in the system tray. This icon gives you quick access to some of the features of the SoundMax software that was installed with your soundcard drivers.This process is not essential to the operation of the system; however, it may be necessary to leave this running in order to have sound. If this process is not running, there is the possibility that you may not have sound.

smax4pnp.exe is a process installed for Analog Devices audio products. You can disable this unless you are using the advanced features of the sound system. This file is considered safe and is not spyware or adware, but as always be sure to check your file location.