Thread: Can't activate windows after repair

Can't activate windows after repair

I am a Windows Xp user.I have recently run a repair installation on the same machine and after doing that i can not just login. Windows keep saying that i need to activate the windows. I also tried with OEM key.I transfer the file from Windows, and find it in the welcome screen without an option to login to make stops. Strange that this happened from the blue, so I reboot and check the system log errors. Sad, I found nothing useful. I just can't activate windows after repair. Could you guys help me out in this ? please

Re: Can't activate windows after repair

You could try to login in safe mode. Once you logged in try to activate it on net.If you gave OEM version license and has promoted the components should be no problem unless motherboard is changed. I have defective motherboards in OEM replacement and the OEM license to re-confirm it was a bit harder because you are not technically within the rules EULA are. Well, lets try to at least get log in the windows by registry tweaks. First of all boot the system with UBCD , use the registry editor and navigate to :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrent Version\WPAEvents
    If you reached here, just double click on OOBETimer and change one digit of its value.Thats it. Windows would be forced to deactivate it, then if you reboot after you run in window "manages to get,% systemroot% \ system32 \ oobe \ msoobe.exe / a" and you should get the activation screen that will allow you to a valid product key for the type of windows should be used.

I think, your repair disabled the BIOS-Looking feature many major OEM use to hide activation from the End User.For the most part it all depends on the motherboard chipset and the drivers that are being used.Install only XP without SP3 slipstreamed. Then install it. If you use slipstreamed something like nLite to create CD, advises you Retail or VLK disc and not used as the OEM as this can cause problems.

Try this. First you need to boot in safe mode by pressing F8. Than change hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\current
    version\wpaevents, and changing first bit.
    Start->run->regsvr32.exe regwzc.dll
    Start->run->regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
    start->run->%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
    Reboot and try activation from the welcome screen again