Thread: Windows 7 problem with iPhone drivers

Windows 7 problem with iPhone drivers

Hey Guys!
    I have a weird proble with Windows 7 and iPhone. Everytime i connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 system it installs driver. Everytime i connect the iPhone each time Windows installs the driver. This doesn't happen with any other device... Is this a problem with Windows 7 or my iPhone driver? Does anyone has the same problem..! Help guys! Thanks..

Re: Windows 7 problem with iPhone drivers

Hey!
    I too have the same problem... I have had my Iphone plugged into my system with Windows 7 Build 7000 installed from day one without any problems. But over the last few days each time I plug it in, for some reason, it always installs the drivers all over again...! Help Guys...! Thanks in advance...!

Hey!
    According to me... When you plug in an usb device for the first time it will search and install the drivers on its own. If Windows 7 does not have the driver in the database it will promt for user to locate the drivers or push in the driver CD... But next time you plug in the same device it does not need to install the driver all over again...! This can happen only if :
    • You have removed the driver from device manager
    • You have plugged the device in other USB port then earlier

Hey!
    Well that what Fame said is true...! If you plug your device in USB port 1 on the first day it need to install driver. But if you plug the device in USB port 2 on other day it will need to install the driver again for port 2...! Well and if you have a setup or an application that had installed the driver and if you remove that application the drivers will be removed too...! Also if you uninstall the driver from device manager, this could happen...! All the best..!

Hi I'm having this problem as well -

@ Fame & Smirn - it happens for the same USB port. For your example, it'll reinstall the driver in USB port 1 every time I reboot. It's highly annoying

Quote Originally Posted by seungki View Post
    Hi I'm having this problem as well -

@ Fame & Smirn - it happens for the same USB port. For your example, it'll reinstall the driver in USB port 1 every time I reboot. It's highly annoying
    I know how frustrating it is to get the drivers to be re-installed on every reboot. But keep in mind that Windows 7 is still in the beta stages, It the best Operating system even in its beta. So i would just say that, have some patience and let there be an update patch that will fix this USB issue...

Windows 7 is still in beta version and the iPhone's specifications, yet as being compatible don't even list it in the PC requirements. I would suggest you to install the iPhone drivers and save the settings or changes in your system.

dont expect anything until Windows 7 is out of beta and sold commercially.