Thread: dell inspiron 1100 bios reset

dell inspiron 1100 bios reset

Hey
    Have a dell Inspiron 700m notebook.When turn on the laptop, asks for a password.gave incorrect password thrice, eventually the laptop then asked for a master password. another gave a wrong one and the laptop shuts down. I guess that this is a bios protection password,very because of I cannot enter the bios without Key,am totally fed up with this any one out here to help me to get my lappie back,I would greatly appreciate....
    thanks......

Re: dell inspiron 1100 bios reset

The BIOS password may be cleared from a Dell by removing the password jumper (PSWD) from the motherboard.

The location of the password jumper on a Dell motherboard

to reset a BIOS password and clear all CMOS settings

* Locate the 3-pin CMOS password reset jumper on the system board.

* Remove the jumper plug from pins 1 and 2.

* Place the jumper plug on pins 2 and 3 and wait for 5 seconds.

* Replace the jumper plug on pins 1 and 2.
    now you are done .....turn On you laptop....enjoy.

Most laptop has a security chip on the motherboard.you need either physically remove the chip or contact the mfg for the "master" password. If you are able to boot up off of a cd or floppy
    make a Win98SE bootable media "or anything that lets you boot into MS-DOS" and boot off of it.
    While the A:\> prompt appears type debug and hit enter.
    it will show a "-",type o 70 2E "include the spaces" enter.
    Type o 71 ff "include the spaces" and press Enter.
    Type q and press Enter.
    else you can use manufactures password here i have some collection
    * AWARD BIOS
    o AWARD SW, AWARD_SW, Award SW, AWARD PW, _award, awkward, J64, j256, j262, j332, j322, 01322222, 589589, 589721, 595595, 598598, HLT, SER, SKY_FOX, aLLy, aLLY, Condo, CONCAT, TTPTHA, aPAf, HLT, KDD, ZBAAACA, ZAAADA, ZJAAADC, djonet, %øåñòü ïpîáåëîâ%, %äåâÿòü ïpîáåëîâ%

AMI BIOS
    o AMI, A.M.I., AMI SW, AMI_SW, BIOS, PASSWORD, HEWITT RAND, Oder

AMI/AWARD or other BIOSes
    LKWPETER, lkwpeter, BIOSTAR, biostar, BIOSSTAR, biosstar, ALFAROME, Syxz, Wodj gvs

hey i have a code for you
    Input: #5J82X81-595B
    By service tag: 7BRO5X0T
    just try it.....best of luck...

@MrChris,Calvin k
    My Dell Inspiron 1525 dont allow even to boot to other media(floppy,cdrom) how to do then?

The system cannot boot from any media as long as the hard drive is attached. The only way to boot to other media is to remove the hard drive from the system. Then you may go for the OS installation through the CD or a DVD, installation from one of this device would be same as what we does with the installation on Desktop computers, And one more way to recover your data if it crashed using the Live CD.

Contact Dell Service Center Online. Open Dell's website and click on need technical assistance. Insert the service tag number and proceed. The service tag number locates at the back side of your laptop. After inserting the number the online representative while guide and give you what can be the exact issue with the laptop.

@Devasis
    can they give a paswor for a system?or might need other informations for security reason

Mastermindit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xcite View Post
    Hey
    Have a dell Inspiron 700m notebook.When turn on the laptop, asks for a password.gave incorrect password thrice, eventually the laptop then asked for a master password. another gave a wrong one and the laptop shuts down. I guess that this is a bios protection password,very because of I cannot enter the bios without Key,am totally fed up with this any one out here to help me to get my lappie back,I would greatly appreciate....
    thanks......
    Easy way to get Dell HDD and bios master password
    Email your model and service tag and they email back your bios master password and or HDD password for your Dell computer. Free but donations are encouraged

I have a dell inspiron 1012 mini laptop.
    The service tag is BG062M1
    The express code is 24912347833
    Are there jumpers for a mini laptop too?

I am not sure but it depends on model. Usually jumpers are the most common settings on a laptop board and they are available on every model. To remove the bios password many times the jumper settings work. But you can flash the bios also with various third party tools. This tools are easily found on web, which clearly wipes the bios password without much issue.

I've been told that this will erase the entire hdd.
    Where do I go to find third party tools that will work in removing the password.

Quote Originally Posted by westmmphs View Post
    I've been told that this will erase the entire hdd.
    Where do I go to find third party tools that will work in removing the password.
    You can try to reset the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Disconnect the computer from the mains supply, open the casing, remove the CMOS battery. Reset the CMOS by using the jumper, replace the jumper to its original position, put back the battery and start the system.