Thread: shwicon2k.exe process information

shwicon2k.exe process information

hello friends,

There is a windows process called "shwicon2k.exe". Whenever I start my PC, an error pops up saying - "shwicon2k.exe has encountered a problem". Can anybody provide me the process information about shwicon2k.exe and how do I remove or resolve the error ?

Re: shwicon2k.exe process information

The shwicon2k.exe process is used by your computer to communicate with your memory card reader. If you terminate this process your memory card reader may not work correctly. If you do not have a memory card reader installed, you can safely terminate the shwicon2k.exe process.

shwicon2k.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk.

The Process Server database currently registers shwicon2k.exe to Alcor Micro. This is part of Alcor Memory card reader drivers.

shwicon2k.exe is a process belonging to the Multimedia Card Reader from Alcor Micro, Corp. This process should not be removed while using the device.

Dr. V Guest

The shwicon2k.exe is the driver used for the Alcor UB-6000 7-in-1 card reader and is the driver for Win98 and Win2k operating systems. Alcor have not updated these drivers for WinXP. And now there is not any sort of support found from their web site for this reader. I think they had removed them all.

If the program has encountered the error, you can find the shwicon2k.exe file which is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" and uninstall it from the Control Panel.

The file is not a Windows core file. Also, it has no visible window. The application starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).
    The known sizes of the file on Windows XP are 139,264 bytes, 135,168 bytes, 131,072 bytes, 21,504 bytes.