Thread: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M WDDM 1.1 driver problem

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M WDDM 1.1 driver problem

I recently installed the RC version of Windows 7 and was quiet excited to try this new interface. After completing the installation I went to Windows Update for any upgradation required. The window informed me to install the graphics card driver. The driver version was NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1). Then I restarted my computer to let changes take effect but got a great problem. The system started without Windows 7 Aero. Can you explain me why this happened? Is this the problem of NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1)?

Re: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M WDDM 1.1 driver problem

Some manufacturers restrict their product for the drivers that are installed. That means you can only download drivers from their own websites and not from any other like nVidia, etc. So, in short, visit your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers to get the Aero's to work. But I doubt there should be the drivers for Windows 7. However you an use Windows Vista compatible drivers for the same purpose.

It may be coincidence but even I had tried Windows Update to install the drivers for my graphics card, and the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1) driver worked simply great! Weird.

Well in your case, I suppose, there should be some problem that might have occurred during downloading due to which it was either partially installed or got corrupted. Reinstall it to get it work as normal.

Some drivers do not support Windows Vista and Windows 7 Aero feature because of only 16-bit color support. But Aero requires 32 bit color support to function properly. So a driver from Windows can fix your problem. If you have done that and still facing some issues then there should be some other problem of this situation.