Thread: How to improve performance of SSD on windows 7

How to improve performance of SSD on windows 7

I have a laptop. This laptop had given my father. This is Hp Company’s laptop. In this laptop I have installed the windows 7. This laptop’s speed is very good but now it is giving very slow performance. I think this SSD performance problem. So I am facing the problem with SSD. I want to improve the SSD performance on this laptop. I didn’t know about this problem. My friend told me that it is SSD related problem. I don’t know that,” how to improve the SSD performance. Please help me on this problem.

re: How to improve performance of SSD on windows 7

Well, you should fresh install windows 7. When you will create the partition of the drive then you will create the windows drive big. And it is also depend the on your RAM but I would like to tell some process the for improving your SSD performance. If you have a big backup disk for data then you should not have a problem. But your REVOdrive is small then it will affect your system performance speed. Remember that the swap file is on another disk. Then you will remove the all the help files. Then after you will shift your data and other personal data file move to another place. And finally you will disable the cache in the Recycle bin. Then your SSD performance will be increased.

As I am confident you already know the most significant thing with a SSD is to attempt and cut down on the read and write sequence as they do have a boundary on these disks. That is one motive why you should not defragment the disks. That and actually it is not similar to a rotating disk where the heads have to physically move to get data. It makes no distinction on a SSD where the data is stored. Shift your Temporary storage file into different drives. Then make sure your SSD performance will be increased.

Auspiciously, I have two Intel SSDs - the correct model they suggested. It is sort of mixed-up my way through, installed Operating System and approximately every program on an SSD, then utilized properties and then after location and then after change to move most of my user folders to the 1.5 T drive. I did have a small number of "interesting" moments (per your guess), when there were a few installation issues with Adobe CS4, but all is fine. And also time to time remove your temp files from your laptop. Then also improve your SSD performance.

Re: How to improve performance of SSD on windows 7

You will want to install the operating system and any program you need to speed up on the SSD or in fact you would not see much of a difference, the major problem presently is the size of the reasonable price drives and invariable maintenance to keep free space on them. But I want to tell you the process how to increase the SSD process in your in your laptop. First of you delete the temp files in your laptop and then after you will clean the recycle bin. Then your system performance will be increased

smile Re: How to improve performance of SSD in windows 7 TRIM and AHCI

Hey Everyone ,

I had my SSD for a year before I started trying to improving the performance of my system.

Here's a few things I did:
    • moved page file to normal hard drive
    • moved all internet browser temp directories to normal hard drive
    • moved Cache and temp folders for Adobe Photoshop and others to normal hard drive
    • Enabled TRIM and AHCI in bios and registry using the tips in this How to Guide I found on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIzVtnIdOak

I'm going to do a Ram Drive next