Thread: Smc.exe Slow Down my Computer

Smc.exe Slow Down my Computer

Hello , I Have a Windows Based Computer , and Pc Get Really sometime and when i check the Task manager ,it shows that Smc.exe Process is Using the Computer by 100 Percent after rebooting the pc back to normal state , Can you tell me How Can i Prevent This Smc.exe to Slow down my computer , i dont what is this process and why it running in my computer , please help thanks in advance

Re: Smc.exe Slow Down my Computer

smc.exe is a part of the Sygate Secure Enterprise, more specifically the firewall product. This piece of software blocks attacks from Internet-bound viruses and hackers. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. But if You want then you would have to remove the firewall

Yup it is True that smc.exe belons to Sygate that implements firewall protection. Leave it running if you are using this application to protect your PC.To help in the isolation of root cause can you disable Network Threat Protection and check if the percentage of cpu taken up by smc is reduced?

I had the same problem, because of Sygate (excellent firewall) this problem was solved by cleaning the registry (with RegSupreme) in extra deep mode and alternatively you can Disable the startup scan for the machines experiencing the issue and turn the Auto protect to start up when the Symantec Endpoint Protection starts rather than when the system starts(You would find this in the policy fo r Antivirus -> Auto Protect -> Advanced)