Thread: lost password for Dell Latitude CPi D266

lost password for Dell Latitude CPi D266

I purchased a second hand Dell Latitude CPi D266 notebook.but i forgot ask the password from owner, i have no idea about the person from whom i purchased the notebook and now all getting is This computer system is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Please type in the primary or administrator password and hit enter when i turned it On..i removed the battery for some time and pope it up, but no luck ...any one know how can i get back access ???

please do help me..i dint even open the laptop yet after the purchase feel like lost...

Re: lost password for Dell Latitude CPi D266

Boot the computer in Safe Mode by keep on pressing the F8 key while booting,Select operating system,Administrator Account
    In Safe Mode Desktop, click, Start, Control Panel
    Double click User Accounts you want to remove the password and remove it click twice...and restart your computer

do you know the old password?? don't worry,Repair through System Restore on Windows Vista DVD,Just pop in the Vista DVD, make sure your BIOS is able to boot from DVD-ROM first.select Repair your computer, select the operating system that you want to repair,then System Restore, select restore point that was a day before you changed the password, and then click Next.
    Doing this will set your computer back in time to the particular date when it was working fine. When the System Restore process is complete, hit Restart computer.After the computer restarts, click Close to confirm that the System Restore process has finished successfully. After you log on with the old password, change the password for the administrator account if you like.

the best thing is format the laptop with the Dell Recovery option since you lost contact of the previous user. Insert the Dell Windows setup disk supplied with the system, select the "Repair My Computer" option. go back to 'factory defaults' and try again to set a password. Also set a 'reminder' and create a 'password reset disk' from the User Accounts options