Thread: Activate Windows XP Professional

Activate Windows XP Professional

I have a new computer and i am totally new to the computer field. When i started my computer, it told me to activate Windows XP. But i don't know how to activate windows? Can anyone guide me? Thanks for any help in advance

Re: Activate Windows XP Professional

There are two ways of activating Windows XP Professional or any other windows operating system. If you have an internet connection, its just as simple as it could be. When the windows activation appears just connect to the internet and let the activation window guide you through its process. You just have to click next and ok.

I will have to wait for the other reply. I don't have internet connection at home. Have applied for MTNL's Tri-Band service but its expected in a month or two and i have on 30 days remaining to activate windows. Which is the other way to activate windows?

The other way is Phone Activation. There will be an option on the windows activation screen to activate via phone. Select that option and click next. Then call on the microsoft's toll-free number that can be found on the Windows XP's packing. Provide the product numbers that will appear on the computer and then enter the key that you will be provided by microsoft. Its a way hectic process