Thread: Allocating disk space On Windows Xp

Allocating disk space On Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my opearting system. Now, i would like to know that how can i allocate more disk space on my Windows Xp. Can any body tell me that how can i do so? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the coorect solution for the above issue. Any kind of information on the above issue would be apprecaited.

Re: Allocating disk space On Windows Xp

I don't think that you might be able to do it on your Windows Xp. As with the help of "Partition Magic" program that will surey allow you to allocate more disk space on your hard drive on your system.

For that you need to double click on "My Computer", the you need to Right click on the Disk Drive, then select Properties and afterwards select Quota. Then you need to Checkmark 'Enable Quota management on this drive' and then need to click on quota entries. You will find a default entry for the Administrator, which you can't edit. Then you need to click on Quota,then select New quota entry, then click on Advanced, then selct Find Now and afterwards double click on the User name. That will allow you to set the quota.

Dr. V Guest

In order to allocate disk space on your system, you need to create a primary or secondary partition or either both if you have enough space on your pc. Then you need to click on your Start menu, then select Control Panel, then select Administrative Tools, then click on Computer Management, then select Storage and then click on Disk Management. Then you need to right click on the unallocated space and then try to create partition and afterwards you need to just follow the instructions.