Thread: ntvdm errors

ntvdm errors

when I install programs,windows reports an error with ntvdm.exe but I have no clue why this happens with my computer. am keep on disturbed by this. What can I do to make this error disappear?? between why this errors suppose to be happen? give me proper cure for this situation
    nice advice should be appreciated !!

Re: ntvdm errors

Use Sysedit.exe Windows NT for troubleshooting these issues.If SYSEDIT does not start up, try to run only the MS-DOS shell "command.com" from the command prompt.
    >Check the Autoexec.nt and Config.nt for anything unusual or anything that can be commented out.
    >Rename Autoexec.bat. and check for the changes in Win.ini or System.ini, or replace by expanding the original files off of the installation media.change the name of all other *.ini files
    Confirm the the environment variables by doing the below procedure
    Control Panel> System>Environment tab. In Windows 2000, click Settings,Run the SET command at the command prompt and check all environmental variables for nulls, blanks, double equal sign (==) marks, or other unknown entries.
    make sure that the path is the same as the default if not remove it.Check path length for lengths after expansion that are near 200 characters. Path is a combination of path in Autoexec.nt and on the Environment tab in the System tool of Control Panel. If the path is over 100 characters, change it for testing.
    are you sure that following registry entries you have.
    1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WOW: Parameters for WOW startup
    2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WOW: System.ini settings
    3 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFile\Mapping: Mappings for Win.ini, System.ini, Winfile.ini,Progman.ini, and Control.ini
    4 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment: Environment Settings

may because of some files corrupted or even missed from your computer.i advice to replace Ntio.sys, Ntdos.sys, Ntvdm.exe, Ntvdm.dll, Redir.exe, Wowexec.exe, Vdmredir.dll, Krnl386.exe, Krnl286.exe, Gdi.exe, User.exe, Wow32.dll (not in Windows 3.1), Commdlg.dll, Version.dll, Shell32.dll, Gdi32.dll User32.dll, Advapi32.dll, Compobj.dll, Ddeml.dll, Ole2.dll, Ole2dist.dll, Storage.dll, Rpcrt4.dl

and see any changes happening

Dr. V Guest

it looks like your computer attacked a virus .. I recommend you to reformat your pc and put better anti virus programs and update them the more often also turn on the windows update
    good luck for you !!!