Thread: Vista: Remove favorite links from windows explorer

Vista: Remove favorite links from windows explorer

Hi, i am new to Windows Vista. i like its new features but not all. One of the feature that i dont like is the favorites link panel at the top left in the windows explorer.

Please give some way to disable the favorite links from windows explorer of Vista.Thanks in advance...

Re: Vista: Remove favorite links from windows explorer

To disable the favorite links in Vista windows explorer is not so hard. You just need to make some changes in the registry. To do so, just go through this simple steps:-

1. I recommend to make backup before making any changes to registry.

2. Run the command prompt from the start menu by typing Regedit.exe in the search line and press Enter.

3. now locate the following folder:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Modules \ GlobalSettings \ Sizer
    4. Now on the right pane you will see the Key named ProperTreeExpandoSizer. Just double click it and change its value to 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 instead of 00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

5. Click Ok and close the registry. Better to reboot the computer.

Thats it.. Now the favorite link are hidden from the Windows Explorer.

If any user wants to hide the over all navigation panel (no favorite link and no Folders view) than you can disable it easily from the Organize menu. Just Click the organize menu and select the Layout option. At the bottom of the list just deselect the Navigation Pane.Thats it.. Now there will be no more navigation on the left side of the Windows Explorer. but i do not think its a good action to do so as the navigation pane contains shortcuts to the Documents, Pictures, Music, Recently Changed, Searches, and Public folders to access faster.

hey mate,,, thanks for sharing this. I was also in search of this as i also dislike the favorite links of the Vista. Disabling the over all navigation pane is really not a good idea,but i would like to remove the favorite links. Thank you..