Thread: Switch between windows not working in vista

Switch between windows not working in vista

My dell laptop run two operating systems, windows vista and xp. The switch between windows function in vista is not working. I know there is icon which enable switch between windows function in vista but i can not find that icon in taskbar. I tried to create shortcut key by using properties but it does not work. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how I can fix it?

Re: Switch between windows not working in vista

The following steps make changes to Windows Registry in window vista. Open an elevated Command Prompt.Then write the command reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v HideFastUserSwitching /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f and press enter key to enable switch os function in windows vista. If still it is not enabled then you have to enable the aero interface.

Maybe the Flip 3D is switched off somewhere or Quick Launch Toolbar is deactivated. You can enable it by right clicking on blank space on taskbar and choose menu that has been disappear. Select Quick Launch from the next menu so that it is checked.You should then be able to click on the Switch Between Windows icon now and use the Flip 3D feature.

You can switch between running applications by Right-click on the 'Switch between windows Quick Launch icon if the icon is missing then go to start > search type in "windows sidebar". You will get the windows sidebar icon from the search. or Press the Windows logo key +TAB to open Flip 3D.