Thread: How to use help file

How to use help file

I have some files related to java coding and as well as C and C++ but the problem is that whenever i wanted to find out the solution to the problem i am facing i use the help file but i don't understand how to use it, my colleague told me that there is simple way to handle the help file please tell me how to do it.

Re: How to use help file

• When you open up a help file by pressing F1 key book or a chapter will get open, click on the Image of a Book plus sign to the left of the book icon. A list of topics and/or chapters appears.
    • To view a topic, click on the Image of a Page page icon. The topic appears.
    • In some topics, hyperlinks are available that link you to other topics, or in some cases, link you to other web sites. To jump to the new topic or location, click on the hyperlink.
    • To search for a topic, click the Search tab. Type in the term you want to find and press Enter. A list of topics appears. Click on a topic to open the page. (The Search tab provides a full-text search. Every topic that contains the term you entered will be displayed.)
    • To find an item in the index, click the Index tab. Type in the term. A list of items appears. Click on a term. If it appears in several topics, select one from the pop-up window.

Re: How to use help file

Do you get the error message if you copy the file from CD-ROM to your hard disk? To begin, create a new SDI or MDI based MFC application project. Add the CPP files contained in the Ultimate Grid source directory, and the .h files contained in the include directory.Have you tried to copy the file to another destination than C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Books? If you get still the error message I assume it's a damaged CD-ROM.