Thread: Download Managers for Mac OS X

Download Managers for Mac OS X

hello all,

I'm looking for free antivirus software and download manager for mac, anybody know where I can download?

can you give me a good OS X Download Manager recommend?

thank you very much

Re: Download Managers for Mac OS X

I use Speed Download 5, an advanced download manager, specifically for Mac OS. All you need from such a program, plus a little bit more. After all, it includes a good FTP-client, as well as the means to шаринга files are already ready to work with. Mac, iWeb, and WebDav.

The basic flaw is that it can "hide".

I discovered a small program (1.5 MB) with name "VerifiedDownloadAgent". I opened the program. It seemed a little download window that looks like in Safari. You can call from anywhere in the URL window and the files are downloaded to the desktop. Very useful! Open the program and it appears a window that is waiting for you everywhere until you drag a URL into it.

Very handy, I find the program files from a network to copy. You can download the file you want to copy, just drag into the window. The copying process starts with display of speed. The process also allows you to pause, just like in Safari. If you use the program regularly, you can make it the best in the Dock, in the sidebar or in the toolbar for quick access.

The program only seems to exist under 10.4.7. It uses the same download folder as Safari. But seems to me the program is not in the dock and can not therefore be placed in the dock. Copying files via AFP protocol does not work.

I am using the JDownloader (free & open source). The bad news is that Java is not so clean look-and-feel that we have used the Mac applications. This is offset by the fact that it is probably the most feature-rich download manager.

For example, support free / paid accounts at sites such as Rapidshare. But what I particularly like is that it supports automatic assembly / decompression of files multipart RAR, even if you have password (there is only one of the password, they give us before the download)