Thread: Event Viewer ID 49 Vista

Event Viewer ID 49 Vista

I have downloaded the game from the Internet which name was not given in the English, it is in the different language, but the installation process was given in the english language so I made the installation according to it,but i endup with the incomplete installation, and in that i delete a major file and restoring it back to it, I have create short cut file on the desktop from where i could run the file, but the installed game does not start from there, it gives me an suggesting an Event Viewer ID 49 which i don't know how to get rid of this. please help!!

Re: Event Viewer ID 49 Vista

Have you tried uninstalling the game, deleting the icon and then reinstalling the game? Have you found any problem related to your sound, that means when you start the game, have you heard sound from it or it doesn't show anything. Or Were you having the problem with the error sounds before you originally installed that game. If not, it's likely related to the game or the botched uninstall. If you reinstall the game, be sure to use the uninstall from the control panel, add/remove program files.

Re: Event Viewer ID 49 Vista

There is always activity on a computer. A sloppy uninstall leaves broken code, links, files even registry references. restore the computer to factory condition using whatever method was provided by your computer manufacturer, If the sound started within a reasonable period after the botched uninstall, it's quite likely it's the source of the issue. You have nothing to lose by reinstalling the application and doing a proper uninstall. You'll be in no worse shape than you are now if it doesn't work.