Thread: Vista delayed start up

Vista delayed start up

Hello I'm illiterate on computers,I just purchased a new computer, a Compaq Presario with Os vista

it is extremely slow, slower than my old computer bought 7 years back
    My new computer has 512 MB and 120 GB it is a celeron D.
    I basically surf for pictures,videos and chatting things like that, it takes hell time to laptop to just turn on.and often got stuck

Is this normal?? anyways to speed this up??
    nice suggestions expected??

Re: Vista delayed start up

hii, friend you told about you only having 512 mb on your laptop usually vista needs minimum 1 gb memory for it's optimistic operation as it's supports graphics features so i would tell you to upgrade your ram at least to 1gb..i guess it will help you best of luck...

it is because while starting your laptop,it loads different utilities,basically you dn't need it.so you can avoid loading this programs and there by decrease the delay in start up
    to accomplish this
    *go to start>run>type msconfig
    then you will get a system configuration utility window
    *select the start up tab and decide what all programs you need to load while start up and apply the change restart the laptop and experience the difference

Dr. V Guest

I introduce Delay Execution of Start up programs or DelayedExec is one solution for beating this stressed state of the Windows Vista. This program allows you to add user defined delays in between all the programs which are scheduled to run on start up. You can also change the order of execution of the program according to your wish

>To add an start up program to delayed startup rule, just hit the clock button. To undo or retrieve it back to normal startup just hit the blue arrow button.
    >The 2 green button allows you to arrange or re orderthe programs with in the Delayed start up applications list.
    >The Cross button will delete the selected program not only from the list but also from the above start up list. There is no revert back key for this so be wary with this

best of you.....