Thread: Windows 7 RTM Touch Pack Launched

Windows 7 RTM Touch Pack Launched

The collection of exclusive applications and games tailored to the multi-touch capabilities of the next iteration of the Windows client is now available for download. It is featuring six new touch-enabled applications (toys) to be installed on touch-supported hardware.

It appears that Microsoft has already shared Touch Pack with PC manufacturers. And as soon as the multi-touch programs designed for Windows 7 made it out of Redmond they also found their way onto peer-to-peer networks.

It features a photo realistic set of images put together to form a vivid 3D environment for the fishies to swim around and enjoy. Touching the display while the screensaver is going results in ripple formation consistent with a finger being inserted in the water.

Users need a select array of computers that support Windows Touch and already come with Windows 7 drivers to take advantage of the Touch Pack: HP TouchSmart All-in-One PCs (IQ500 series & IQ800 series), HP TouchSmart tx2 Tablet PCs, and Dell Latitude XT Tablet PCs.The package “consists of 3 casual games, and 3 Microsoft Surface applications that have been created for Windows 7, states Brandon LeBlanc, Windows communications manager on the Windows Client Communications Team. It appears that Microsoft has already shared Touch Pack with PC manufacturers.

Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7

Re: Windows 7 RTM Touch Pack Launched

Windows Touch needs touch-capable hardware to function, and at the same time, the platform is nothing without the right programs to take advantage of its application programming interfaces.Win 7 works quite well on my Latitude XT, I look forward to trying the touch pack but I have to admit besides taking notes I seldom use the tablet features. Microsoft says,"The Pack will be featured on computers that play nice with the logo requirements for Windows Touch."