Thread: Chrome 3.0 preview for Mac OS X and Linux

Chrome 3.0 preview for Mac OS X and Linux

Chrome developers have released a first preview of the browser for Mac OS X and Linux. Not surprisingly, this preview is unstable and Mike Smith and Karen Grunberg, product managers, prevent users: "Whatever you do, do not download them please! Unless of course you're a developer or have fun with incomplete software, unpredictable and potentially unstable. "

That gives them keen to address. However, they are actually developers who may be interested, this preview Has missing many features: no YouTube typevideos, no privacy setting options, printing or changing the default search engine.You Cannot import your Bookmaek/favourites from another browser.

For Mac OS X, you download a classic DMG file that installs easily. On Linux, the package is only available format DEB (Debian / Ubuntu etc..), In versions 32 and 64 bits.

Download and install the package appropriate for your system (just clicking on it should do the right thing):
    Dev channel (for 32 bit systems): google-chrome-unstable_current_i386.deb
    Dev channel (for 64 bit systems): google-chrome-unstable_current_amd64.deb

Re: Chrome 3.0 preview for Mac OS X and Linux

Yup it is True , Read the Complete Official Blog Entry

In order to get more feedback from developers, we have early developer channel versions of Google Chrome for Mac OS X and Linux, but whatever you do, please DON'T DOWNLOAD THEM! Unless of course you are a developer or take great pleasure in incomplete, unpredictable, and potentially crashing software.

How incomplete? So incomplete that, among other things , you won't yet be able to view YouTube videos, change your privacy settings, set your default search provider, or even print.

Meanwhile, we'll get back to trying to get Google Chrome on these platforms stable enough for a beta release as soon as possible!
    But i dont understand Why they are providing it to Public , if They dont want you to Mess up it

Re: Chrome 3.0 preview for Mac OS X and Linux

I have not even had time to test the version 1 and version 3 is already in development ...For the news I would like to know if anyone knows the difference between this chromium and chromium for linux because chromium version for linux already existed ..
    And if I want to know if it is so difficult on linux as it removes the bar above the software with the cross is everything, because apparently on the mac version this does not happen , like the windows, and it's frankly more fun to navigate, especially under and it breaks the whole design of the browser, which I appreciate.