Thread: Cannot find bluetooth control panel in Vista home premium

Cannot find bluetooth control panel in Vista home premium

I have recently brought a bluetooth dongle for my Windows Vista Home Premium Computer. I have installed the software from the CD but i cannot find Bluetooth Control Panel. I wan't to configure some serial port settings of my bluetooth which has to be done from the bluetooth control panel. I want to know where will be the bluetooth control panel is located.

Re: Cannot find bluetooth control panel in Vista home premium

Generally, the bluetooth control panel for any Windows Operating System is in the Control Panel of Windows itself. But there are some softwares that do not have any control panel and the settings must be done from within the application itself. Run your bluetooth application and there you could find options like "Tools", "Configurations", "Options" "Settings". Hope this helps!

I don't see any application installed for my bluetooth dongle by windows. Also i can see the bluetooth dongle in the device manager and it is detected by my cell phone. I guess i have not installed the software properly. Shall i try to install it again? Don't want to screw my system so need advice...

Your dongle might not need an application to function, it might just take the drivers and use the native windows bluetooth support and microsoft bluetooth emulator. There are lot of bluetooth device that work like this. So now, you need to go to the control panel and find the bluetooth icon. It will be just "bluetooth" and not "bluetooth control panel". This is what you are looking for!