Thread: Vista error "mscorwks.dll could not be loaded" on dell laptop

Vista error "mscorwks.dll could not be loaded" on dell laptop

I have a Dell laptop and my machine was under massive virus attack, i cleaned that virus. But i got some of my files corrupted. Then i ran the check disk and fixed most of the files. But when i try to launch Dell Transfer Agent, i get this error "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded". Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Re: Vista error "mscorwks.dll could not be loaded" on dell laptop

Reboot your computer in safe and then run check disk utility again, if prompted for Vista DVD, use it to restore the corrupt files. Do you have a backup of your data? You laptop main need Windows Vista re-install. Is your antivirus fully updated? That may also be a problem as it may not detect newer virus which is corrupting your files.

I have tried all the possible tries from my side, also tried the check disk utility from safe mode as you described. I even updated my antivirus and scanned the whole computer again, but it could find only few infections named trojan horse, which it removed. But the problem with the Dell Tranfer Agent still exists. Please help me...

You will need Dell's software CD. Dell tranfer agent is a Dell's accessibility software for the laptop. Un-install the software. If you cannot do it, try un-installing it from safe mode. Now reboot again and install the Dell's software from its cd and it should then fix your error. All the best! It this doesn't help, do post back...!

plz help me coz i reformating my dell laptop,i change the windows vista basic to home premium then when finish installing my laptop not automaticaally restart, im waiting a long time but still nothing happen then i decide to unflug my charger & battery to restart when i open got message windows error,recovery:windows failed to start.a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.to fix the problem:1.insert your windows installation disc ang restart your computer.2, choose your language settings,and then click"next".3,click "repair your computer"..other options:if power was interrrupted during startup,choose start windows normally.(use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)..safe mode..safe mode with networking..last known good configuration (advanced)..start windows normally. my laptop 3GB RAM,320GB HARDESK,please help me! i`m sorry about my english.tnx