Thread: Windows Vista home premium shows invalid product key

Windows Vista home premium shows invalid product key

Recently i had bought a new Compaq Presario laptop, on which i had install Windows Vista home premium with the correct product key. Now just few days back when i tried to turn on my pc, it showed me error message on the desktop screen stating that the product key seems to be invalid one. Then i tried to re-enter the product key but it showed me that key seems to be invalid, and shows the following "0xc004F050" error on the desktop screen. Can any body tell me that how do i get rid of the above issue? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for the above issue.

Re: Windows Vista home premium shows invalid product key

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) When you insert the disk at that time try to click on the option 'Run with reduced functionality'

2) Then it will open up a internet Browser on your screen, then type: %windir%\system32\cmd.exe on the browser address bar.

3) Then it will open up a window with a black background on your screen.

4) Then you need to type: slui.exe 3 and press the Enter key.

5) Afterwards, you need to type in the Product key from the sticker on back of your computer.

6) After entering the Product key, you need to click on the Next button.

7) Then it will ask you, do you want to Activate, if yes then click on ok tab.

8) After doing that, it will try to Activate the key with the help of the internet and will return an Invalid Key error on your pc. ( If this is ok, then continue to step 9)

9) Then you need to return to the window with the black background on your pc.

10) Then type: slui.exe 4 and press the Enter key.

11) Select your location from the drop down menu and then click on the Next button.

12) Then it will provide the number to call to Activate by Phone on your desktop screen.

The activation process will complete successfully only if the software has not been previously activated, such as on a different machine. MS Office loses the ability to edit and save files. After Vista's activation deadline runs out, the user can do little other than use Internet Explorer to activate the operating system or buy a new license.

If you are having an issue regarding the invalid product key on your system, then the best way you can do is to find out the proper Product Keyfinder for your Windows Vista home premium. It will help you to resolve the above issue.

Pls I need window 7 vista home premium key to activate my window. Pls hurry up