Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency

Operating Systems

Old 04-06-2009

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency

Hi,
I am getting following continuous error on start up: "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency" I also tried to run or skip chkdsk, but it still giving the same error. I have windows vista installed on my computer. Can anybody help me?

Thank for any suggestion.

Old 04-06-2009

Re: One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency

Try to install the windows on other hard drive. Copy all the data to another external hard drive. There may be RAID issues. It may happen when the drive is powered off while writing to disk or if the drive is starting to fail. Try to boot from windows installation CD.
Old 04-06-2009

Try this:
  • Open a command prompt
  • Type chkdsk e: /f
  • Press Enter
It will stop checkdisk on every boot.
Old 04-06-2009

I had the same problem. It was because of stuck Enter Key on keyboard causing problems with CHKDSK. So check all the keys before you start the system. Also check this Microsoft's KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831426. Also run chkdsk /r to scan for bad sectors

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,