Thread: kb9363330 installation failed on Windows Vista

kb9363330 installation failed on Windows Vista

I am having some problems from quiet a long time. I am unable to install the service pack 1 offered by Microsoft. How can I install Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista? I came to know some fixes that Microsoft provide for such issues: kb9363330. But the weird part is that I am unable to install that also. Where is the problem lying? Can you help me? Does this happen to some one else?

Re: kb9363330 installation failed on Windows Vista

This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true:

- A program on your computer interfered with the installation of the service pack.
    - There is an inconsistency in the Windows Servicing Store. The Windows Servicing Store is a component that is required to successfully install the service packs.

To fix this you can contact directly to Microsoft support team for some solution: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...-us&tzone=-330

Why don't you install the stand-alone package for the service pack instead of using Windows Update to install the Service Pack? By using the stand-alone package, you eliminate installation issues that might be related to Windows Update. To obtain the stand-alone package for the service pack, visit: Microsoft Download Center. You can also download Update for Windows Vista (KB950127) which is a small update to resolve an issue when upgrading to Windows Vista SP1.

If you have already tried to install the stand-alone package for the service pack, then close or disable any applications that may be running (which may block SP1 instalation), restart the computer, and then install the service pack.

You can even try the System Update Readiness Tool to check your computer and to resolve certain conditions that could interfere with the installation of updates or other software. However, before you download the tool, you have to determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version of the Windows Vista operating system. You can download the System Update Readiness Tool from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-b2903257f1fd