Thread: MOM.Implementation error on Vista

MOM.Implementation error on Vista

I have quite a nasty problem with my Vista system. When i start my Vista computer i get error,""Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified.". Ever since I ran driversweeper to get rid of an ATI driver that messed up more than it did good I keep getting these errors after booting up.Please help for the same.

Re: MOM.Implementation error on Vista

Most probably MOM.Implementation error occurs after installing Catalyst Software Suite. Do you have ATI catalyst drivers installed ? If yes than try rolling back to the previous Catalyst.This error occurs because of entries for certain global DLL files in the following are not installed. It is likely the assembly files with the token 90ba9c70f846762e are not installed.

Or try reinstalling .NET Framework. You can find the .NET Framework Version 2.0 for download on Microsoft's Official website. It improves scalability and performance of applications with improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce.

I think its definitely the cause of installing some ATI catalyst drivers. If you have updated your video driver and you use ATI catalyst, then try reverting back to your previous driver to see if the problem disappears.Remove all ATI software from Programs and Features section. to do so, Go to registry and remove any ATI entries left under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.

Check for any ATI entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and look at each GUIDs display name for ATI entries remove the GUID if found.It could help, if you have a restore point from the time before the problem begun. Also try to do system restore. this may help.

to fix this problem, the best solution is Uninstall your current display driver and Catalyst Control Center version from Add/Remove Programs and Install most recent Catalyst Driver Suite. Also make sure your System BIOS is updated.

And do reinstallation of .NET Framework. Thats it !!

For more info on MOM.Implementation error, see this :

File missing MOM.Implementation

This is a real bear.
    I have an ATI Radeon HD4850 card that was originally installed on my Dell XPS Windows Vista Home Premium 64 with an i7-920 processor.

If you are here, you already are looking for the problem. My situation is the same. Major problems with the 9.6 suite. I downloaded the 9.6 suite update, installed it, got errors near the end where the catalyst control center (CCC) is being installed, along with the MOM.Implementation or other similar pop-ups containing specific version codes like version=2.0.3455 .

I tried a number of different things after reading forums, then decided to sleep on it since none of it was working properly. This morning I tried a new approach, combining a bunch of things I had already tried. This is the sequence that worked for me.

1. Ran UNinstall using the ATI 9.6 full suite software.
    2. Ran CCleaner to uninstall the remaining ATI program (the suite installer).
    3. Ran 3DGuru Driver Sweeper to look for and uninstall any ATI drivers (it found many files).
    4. Looked for ATI folders in User Docs, Program Files, and Program Files (x86). Found files in all locations, and I deleted the files and folders within these ATI folders.
    5. Restarted computer. (the restart was very slow, and when you come back up, your screen will be low res). No MOM.Implementation error popup.
    6. Ran the ATI 9.5 suite (NOT 9.6)--selecting everything, including the CCC. At the end, there were errors indicating the drivers did not install properly (!).
    7. Ran the ATI 9.6 DRIVER INSTALL ONLY (not the 9.5!, and NOT the entire suite).
    8. Let the computer restart, shutdown is very slow and drawn-out. Walk away for a while. Once restarted, no MOM.Implement error comes up.
    9. Checked on the advanced monitor settings and had access to the ATI CCC (which I did not have before).

In summary.
    Delete everything ATI using various methods.
    Restart.
    Run ATI 9.5 to install the suite - drivers+CCC.
    Then run ATI 9.6 driver only.
    I think I am probably running ATI CCC 9.5, and ATI 9.6 video card drivers at this point. It is hard to tell. There is no doubt that something is not right in the 9.6 CCC install, but the 9.6 video drivers seem fine.

@danleithauser - Massive thanks!!

Your comprehensive method was the only thing that worked for me.

Notes:

* SKipped the ATI driver suite steps as I had already attempted removal via Windows' uninstall program menus in Control Panel.

* I had ATI Beta drivers for Windows 7 64-bit from a video card (4870) that was no longer being used.

* I had to turn on 'show hidden files' in my "Organize > Folder and search Options" Menu. (I'm a bit of a noob, I know)

!! * In summary.
    Delete everything ATI using various methods.
    Restart. !!

Massive Agree.

Thanks again everyone.