Thread: Sony Vaio Does not boot up

Sony Vaio Does not boot up

I had purchase a second hand sony vaio laptop two months before. I was working great. Recently I had installed Adobe Photoshop and then uninstalled it as my laptop was working very slow. The very next day when I switch the laptop on it is giving error that operation system not found. I restarted it several times but still the same error is coming. What should I do know. Help needed.

Re: Sony Vaio Does not boot up

The error denoting OS not found in an boot error. Normally the BIOS chip on your motherboard performs a power on selt test which is also called POST. It runs at the startup just to check out weather all the hardware is working fine. Your error message is coming from hard disk. I worry weather your hard drive is dead. Because the bios can detect the hard drive but it is not responding to run the OS. Laptops hard drive gets easily damaged by shock or moisture. It can be also possible that the cable which is connected to the hard drive is disconnected or misplaced. You will need to open the laptop and check weather it is proper or not.

Check the CD/DVD media of your laptop. Look weather you had not leaved any CD inside it. Any corrupt of bootable CD blocks your system start up. Because it is configured in your BIOS. Also look weather at the time of any installation you had not removed your USB drive. If it is still connected disconnect and restart your system. If still problem arises you will need to re-install your OS again.

I will recommend you to install your operating system again. Use windows bootable disk. It will remove all your data and erase your hard disk. If at the boot option of windows CD you cannot see your hard disk or your hard disk is not accepting the OS that means it is corrupted. Now anyhow you will need to replace. This error is basically occurred due to bad hard drive or damaged raid partition.