Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to encrypt a folder in vista

Operating Systems

Old 03-06-2009

How to encrypt a folder in vista

Hi there,
I have installed windows vista business on my desktop computer. I want to secure some data on my computer from unwanted access. I have some information stored on hard drive which i want to encrypt. Can anyone help me on that?

Thank you for all suggestions in advance.

Old 03-06-2009

Re: How to encrypt a folder in vista

Okoker Encrypt Folder allows you to protect and prevent access of your important folders from others. It will automatically encrypt the folders when added. A protected folder and its contents will be prevented from being renamed, modified, deleted, copied, moved, accessed .
Old 03-06-2009

Encrypting a folder in vista is very easy and simple. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. Follow the steps given below to encrypt the folder in vista:
  • Right-click the folder or file you want to encrypt
  • Then click Properties
  • Select the General tab
  • Then click Advanced
  • Select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box
  • Then click OK
Old 03-06-2009
Dr. V

The key pair is automatically generated when you encrypt any folder. If the key pair is lost or damaged, you cannot access your encrypted data. Check out this nice tip on Add Encrypt / Decrypt Options to Windows Vista Right-Click Menu

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,